Congratulations on your acceptance to the Fellowship!
You might be wondering, “What’s next?” Well, you’re in the right place.
1) Get Ready
- Let’s get this thing paid for. Fellows often receive funding and support from their employers or academic institutions. If this applies to you, fill out this form and StartingBloc will draft a letter of support to send your school or employer.
- No employer? No school? No problem. Here’s a comprehensive guide to help you get creative about funding your StartingBloc experience.
- Do you need a visa to attend StartingBloc? Fill out this form to request a letter of support from us for the U.S. Embassy in your area.
- Finally, here are some lodging ideas to get you started on thinking about where to stay.
2) Get Informed
- Wondering how the Institute works? Who will be there? What will this experience be like? Visit our FAQ about the Institute to read up before you arrive.
- Keep an eye on your email inbox in the weeks leading up to the Institute for more information about logistics, break-out groups, and specifics for your StartingBloc Institute.
3) Get Hype
- Talk to your break-out group. One month before your Institute, you will hear from your StartingBloc mentor, the leader of your break-out group. Your mentor is a current Fellow who has stood where you stand as an incoming Fellow and is there to help provide a home base and container during the Institute. Having conversations with your break-out group will prepare you for your week, and give you at least a few familiar faces when you walk in on day one.
- Read the bios of your fellow Fellows. About a week before the Institute, we will send you the biographies of all incoming Fellows. Read through, take notes, and get excited to meet them!
- Make space in your life. For some Fellows, this means letting their work, teams, and schools know that they will be largely unavailable during the days of the Institute.
- Finally, get rest. Sleep is on your side!