Costs and Scholarships
“StartingBloc changed my life. The Institute introduced me to a group of people that think in a different way, that dream bigger, that have pushed me to accomplish more in these last 5 years than I had in the previous 28. The StartingBloc community has given me meaningful job opportunities, helped me get published in numerous outlets, and provided support when I needed it most. To be blunt: it was the best investment I’ve ever made.” -Adam Smiley Poswolsky (LA ’12)
- StartingBloc is a real community. Fellows are there to provide support on resume building, interviewing, salary negotiations, imposter syndrome, disengagement, and the overall messiness of life. We reject traditional networking and instead focus on how important and vital relationships are to career and personal development over a lifetime. When you attend StartingBloc, you make a commitment to invest in yourself and in a community.
- 44% of our Fellows have been connected or referred to a position by another Fellow
- 41% of our Fellows are in positions of leadership before going through an Institute, whereas 62% of Fellows report that they continued or took on a new leadership role post-Institute. That means you have about a 1 in 5 chance of getting a promotion if you attend StartingBloc.
Tuition for all StartingBloc Institutes is $1,250.
StartingBloc tuition covers both the Institute and lifetime access to the StartingBloc Fellowship.
StartingBloc exists to support leaders building a future that works for everyone. Because of this, we strive to make StartingBloc accessible to a socio-economically diverse population of change leaders.
- Event Space
- Catered breakfast and lunch for all five days
- Evening receptions
- A ticket to the Launch Party
- StartingBloc’s team & operations
- Handouts and educational materials for Institute sessions
- Accommodation during the Institute
- Travel to the institute city
- Transportation to and from the airport
- Dinners during the Institute
- Miscellaneous food and drink
- Notebook and personal items for Institute sessions
We are serious about building a diverse and inclusive community of Fellows. That is why we award $35,000 in scholarships for each Institute.
Please be mindful. Every year we get more scholarship applications than we can fulfill, and we have to turn away many deserving candidates. Please apply for a scholarship only if you truly need financial assistance in order to attend a StartingBloc Institute.
It’s possible that your employer can cover your costs. Consider seeking funds there first, or review our comprehensive guide on crowdfunding and fundraising.
Note that payment plans are also available to all incoming Fellows, including scholarship recipients.Apply to StartingBloc today