Use curated systems to get the most
from your StartingBloc communications online.
StartingBloc’s Facebook and LinkedIN groups exist to simplify staying in touch, sharing opportunities and resources, meeting in person, asking for and offering help, and celebrating our wins.
As you can imagine, with 2,500+ Fellows, there is a lot of activity each day. To help keep things organized, accessible and easy to find, here is a list of useful hastags for posting something to a StartingBloc Group.
- #ask – request or question
- #give – personal help
- #jobOpp – openings, hirings, etc
- #jobsearch – I’m looking for a job
- #event – conferences, courses, etc.
- #sbmeetup – specific for SB Meetups
- #fellowship – post fellowship opportunities
- #funding – competitions, crowdfunding
- #article – include #topics like #empathy #tech
- #SBnB – looking for a place to stay in #city
- #toolsearch – for tech tools
- #SBConnect – connections to X company
- #travelhacks – great prices for flights, hotels, ..
- #resourcerequest – podcasts, books, shows, etc for #topic
Online Group Etiquette
- Be as specific as possible with your comments and questions
- Make sure your personal ‘asks’ don’t heavily outweigh your ‘gives’
- Interact with others as much as possible. Offer encouragement, advice and suggestions for other Fellows to reach out to. The more you give, the more you get in return
- As tempting as it is, please refrain from using the SB Verified Fellows Group for requests like restaurant recommendations, vote requests and local inquiries. Save these for local chapters and applicable affinity groups
- If you feel that someone is not, in fact, a Fellow or is using a group page inappropriately, please email email@example.com