A handful of our favorite programs and resources for changemakers.
- ReWork – Find meaningful work. Take a few minutes and join their talent pool
- The Give – A monthly, curated list of opportunities
- Youth Opportunities – A huge collection of both paid and unpaid opportunities around the world
- Global Engagement Summit – Awesome conference at Northwestern University
- Center for Courage and Renewal’s Academy for Leaders – A training program in courageous leadership
- AshokaU Exchange – Large gathering on social innovation in higher education
- Opportunity Collaboration – Annual convening of leaders in social innovation in Mexico
- Ignite Good – 4 day event to train millennial change makers in values-based storytelling
- Wisdom 2.0 – Living with greater mindfulness and wisdom in the modern age
- Vipassana Meditation Retreats – 10 day residential programs
- AISEC – Leadership development programs around the world
- SOCAP – Respected conference on #socent
- Mentor Capital Network – A fellowship that invests expertise in social entrepreneurs.
- Women Speaker Initiative – Aims to increase the # and the pay rate for women and people of color speaking at conferences and companies
- ProInspire – Great fellowship for professionals moving to social sector
- The Un-Schools – A experimental knowledge lab for purpose driven creative rebels and change agents
- AmeriCorps – Provides placements in service-based organizations around the country
- Coro Fellowship in Public Affairs – Fellows are trained to be ethical, civic leaders working in multiple sectors
- City Year – Corps members are placed in schools and communities in need of support around the country
- The Coaching Fellowship – Pro-bono coaching for women leaders
- New Sector Alliance – Fellowship that trains individuals to have high impact roles in the social sector
- Ashoka – Fellowship for advancing social entrepreneurs
- Echoing Green – Offers more than $4.6 million in seed-stage funding and support for social entrepreneurs
- Baltimore Corps Fellowship – Building equitable talent pipelines into Baltimore’s social sector leadership
Venture for America – A 2-year fellowship program that pairs fellows with start-ups in cities around the country, and provides resources for them to start their own ventures as well.
Challenge Detroit – Fellowship including employment at local companies and several community-based challenge projects that gives participants a year long immersion living, working, playing, giving, and leading in Detroit.
Detroit Revitalization Fellows – A 2-year fellowship program of Wayne State University for talented mid-career professionals stimulating progress within Detroit’s civic, community, and economic development landscape.
Humanity in Action – Fellowship that brings together international groups of Fellows to study minority rights and produce original research exploring how and why individuals and societies, past and present, have resisted intolerance and protected democratic values.
Incubators + Accelerators
- Uncharted – Formerly the Unreasonable Institute, accelerator for social issues
- Climate Ventures 2.0 – Accelerator and fund for innovations in climate adaptation and resilience
- 1776 – Global incubator and seed fund
- Points of Light Civic Accelerator (CIVICX) – First national accelerator program and investment fund in the country focused on “civic ventures”
- 4.0 Schools – An accelerator program for education entrepreneurs
- Techtown Detroit – Offers multiple services, training programs, and space for aspiring and established technology, manufacturing, and retail entrepreneurs
- USC Marshall School of Business – Degree program for Masters in Social Entrepreneurship
- Watson University – For student leaders building a viable future
- Clinton Global Initiative and Clinton Global Initiative University
- Tulane Taylor Center for Social Innovation and Design – Convener and hub for social innovation education in New Orleans
- Georgetown Communication, Culture & Technology Program – Degree program for Masters of Arts
- University of Detroit Mercy Master of Community Development Program – interdisciplinary program integrating human, organizational, physical, and economic development (Hope Model) for a comprehensive approach to the renewal of communities
Are we missing something? Shoot us an email with the name of the program and a one sentence description.